Monday, December 27, 2010

I cheated!

I never, ever thought it would happen to me. I thought I was different. But I've learnt to say, never say never.

My story really is quite predictable. In the beginning, I was so in love. From the moment we met I knew I had found my match. Everyone else commented too. So many positive comments, all the time.

Things started to change a little though when my expectations weren't quite being met. I looked around at other people and saw what was possible. Why couldn't I have that? Still, I dismissed those feelings as we all know that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side, don't we.

Then...I met David. In an instant I knew I would inevitably cheat. He had such a profound impact on me. He showed me that my expectations were indeed possible. And then I found tonnes more out there just like David enjoying what I once thought wasn't possible.

Initially I didn't act on my feelings. I admired from afar. Dreaming and hoping that one day I could find such bliss. As the days went on, my eye wondered further, until one day, I contemplated 'what if'. 'What if' I acted on this?

Well...as they say, the rest is history. I must bid my beloved Canon 450D a huge farewell. We had fun together and I will always remember my dear Canon with fondness. But my new love has been found in a Nikon D700. Yes, I cheated. Defected even. But I look forward to my newfound relationship.

And here is the new love of my life.....

2 comments: